Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trip to Utah!



Austin and I took our first trip together to visit family in Utah! It was my 21st birthday and my mom used it as an excuse to play with her grandson. I was pretty nervous to fly out with Austin, worried I would turn out to be that horror story eveyone hears about. But Austin did so great- we sat next to a group of women that were all young grandmas eager to pass Austin between them. We arrived in Vegas and he met my mom's family there, including his Great Grandma and Great GREAT Grandma! We spent a few days there shopping and then made our way up to Cedar City, my parent's new truck stop they call home! Actually I must admit, visiting Utah again made me miss the mountains and beautiful weather cause here in Houston Nick was enduring temps in the 90's with humidity.
While in Cedar it was great for Austin and I to spend time with his grandparents. They tend to his every cry and whimper while I sit back and enjoy! My mom gave me a great birthday- a decorated house, yummy cake and dinner at Costa Vida, who could ask for more?! We spent a few weeks in Cedar shopping, running errands and hitting every gas station in town for a Diet Coke. I tell ya, that five minute drive through the town of Cedar can keep you busy. The last few days of the trip were spent in our old home town of Provo! We stayed with Houston and Cristina and Austin loved hanging out with his family- Uncle Fofo's faces keep a smile on his face and Uncle Houston watched some sports with him. Aunt Cristina fed and pushed him all through our day of shopping in Park City- he is one lucky dude. I loved seeing all my old friends and catching up- we can't wait to go back this July!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

I am so glad you finally did this!! yay!! see you in 7 days!