Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Celebration!

I was so excited for this year's 4th because it was the first year in a long time that the whole Harris clan was back together. Our little family started out the day swimming at Nana and Papi's new pool with Aunt Stina for the first time. It is always fun to see Austin explore something new- he is a little daredevil in the pool, which makes me nervous.
That evening we had a a BBQ with the family and the food was great. Austin is getting so big- he doesn't need a high chair at the grandparents anymore, we just prop him up on a few phone books! He is at such a fun age trying to say words and talk. Word of the week is puppy! He will go through his books and find a picture of a puppy and then tell us over and over, "Puppy, puppy, puppy!" He also decided that he isn't saying daddy anymore, he just calls him "Nick." We try and correct him and say , "no, it's daddy" but he just really likes to run around Nick and yell his name.

Back to the 4th, that night we went to watch the fireworks at Oyster Creek park. I was worried Austin would be scared but he just sat in my lap the whole time (the longest he has sat still since 6 months) and kept saying 'whoa' and 'wow' while shoving caramel popcorn in his mouth! It was really fun. Here are a few pics!










2 comments:

Janey said...

Fun pictures! Cameron loved the fireworks too. This is such a fun age! I can't believe Austin is talking that much. Cameron created his own gibberish language and is sticking to it.

Reason #237 of why we should live by eachother: I'm doing Parent & Tot swimming lessons with Cameron at Seven Peaks. Would be way more fun if we did this together!

Unknown said...

I saw your blog address on something they passed around in RS. I love your pictures; you guys have the cutest family. I miss having you in primary. You did great with your class. I bet those YW have already fallen in love with you, though.