Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crafty Mommy

Mckayla's room is full of little craft project that I did and it was so fun. I documented a few of them to share with everyone.

I saw this picture & did my best to copy it

I had wood letters cut out, then covered them in batting and fabric. This one took a long time to finish...


 I used Austin's blue baskets from his nursery and added a little spray paint...


to make them perfect for Kayla's room.


I found this at Goodwill for $2 and thought it was so cute.


it took a little spray paint on the frame...


some pink paint on the hearts (I just used a leftover color sample from her wall colors)


 and it looks so cute on her shelf!


This frame I was really excited about because I found it on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $12, normally $70! I have no idea what was wrong with it- but it works perfect for me!



some more white paint..


 and it looks just perfect!


Her mirror was probably my favorite find for the nursery. I had been looking for months for the perfect mirror but could only find ones I liked for $60++!
I stumbled on this one at Lowe's on clearance for $20 & it was exactly what I wanted.. just one little problem in the corner- a crack! It was too good to pass up & I found an easy fix


I super glued a piece of felt over the crack to attached one of the bows I made for her!! 



You think I'm done?? The projects never end around here! I am now in full baby shower planning mode and have all kinds of projects around the house to complete. But those won't be shared until after Cristina's beautiful 
Shabby Chic 
baby shower!

3 comments:

Corinne Roxanne Davis said...

Julie I love your blog and your darling projects! I am going to have to keep all of these in the back of my mind for when we get a little addition to our family! Keep showing off the craft creativity! I am loving it!

Janey said...

I love looking at your DIY projects. Love the alphabet picture. I am so not DIY!!

Leslie said...

I love all the fun projects. Great ideas!