Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dump.

When you have a baby,
poop becomes a big deal.

You feel thrilled every time your baby poops because you know things are working right.

You talk to your girlfriends about their kid's poops.

You even become brave enough to stick your nose up to their butt & smell if they have a poop.

My afternoon was filled..
with poop.

It started at lunch when Austin hides under the table because he has to poop. I quickly remind him that he doesn't have a diaper on.

At the moment, he pees like a champ on the toilet but will only go poop in his diaper.


But now that he is a toddler it isn't just an innocent poop anymore,
it's a man size dump.
And you can smell it from anywhere in my house.

We rush home in time to put a diaper on him.

Meanwhile, Kayla has been screaming hysterically.
I pull her out of her car seat only to find that her back is wet.
That means poop,
more poop.


I get her on the changing table and it is an explosion. 
It had graduated from diaper change, to a full body sanitation in her bath tub.

As I am quickly trying to fill up her tub, she is still screaming and Austin is running around the house yelling that he pooped.

Unfortunately, it only gets better.

When I was wiping off Kayla,
she kicked her foot into her poop and then kicked me when that foot..
yes, all 3 of us had poop on us.

I get Kayla cleaned up enough to put her in the tub
and Austin comes running in wanting to help give Kayla a bath.
But the fumes of his dump are so overwhelming that I start dry heaving.

Can't a mom catch a break?

I kick him out of the bathroom,
clean Kayla up & get her in outfit #2 for the day, while dreading the task of changing Austin's dump.

Now Austin is clean, Kayla is clean and they are both taking a nap.
All in a day's work.


If you think being a stay at home mom is easy, think again.
Be prepared for lots of poop.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh, I totally know what you mean! It's amazing, isn't it! How can such tiny babies make such HUGE messes!?! Hang in there, you're doing great! Other than the dry heaving...hahaha!

Unknown said...

HAHA! I am so glad that I am only having the one for now! (Though I've had my share of "Are you having twins?!"...-"Um, no."..) Hard to imagine what I'm going to do one day when there will be is 2!! Good luck!

chelsea Wagner said...

This is by far my favorite post!

Janey said...

LOL, Mark and I were cracking up and I kept saying "That's totally how it is!!" I call days like this "Poopy Days". Not a fan!

Alaire said...

Seriously, this post makes me smile and laugh every time I read it.
I miss you Sister Weaver!